Saturday, April 30, 2011

Heirloom eggs, thanks to our family for kicking off this tradition.


A beautiful spring token from the mother-in-law...
With all the excitement of the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton, it already feels like Easter was eons ago. They have their family traditions, and we have ours...so I thought I'd share some of our "firsts" to celebrate spring at Easter this year:

-We have a family Easter basket (I wove it myself - no seriously - I used to teach basket-weaving) complete with silk lining made from leftover scraps of fabric.

-The family basket contains a handmade Easter journal in a silk pouch. The journal is to write down who was at our festivities and what we did. There's also room for photos.

-Each family member painted a wooden egg. Year after year we can use them for egg hunts.

-I decided that chocolate babka will be my staple Easter treat for dessert at brunch each year (husband approved, of course :) It is amazingly delicious, like a chocolate-filled croissant. It was a hit!

So there you have it, a few new traditions of our own. What are some of your favorite Easter traditions?
The dogwoods are blooming! The dogwoods are blooming! Yay for Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to comment? I'd love to hear from you! Share your thoughts here:

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!
Our little guy at 15 months, February 2011.