Wednesday, May 4, 2011

yoga in the bathroom?

Oh yes, I said it. Yoga in the bathroom.

It all started after a L-O-N-G day. Little guy needed a bath and mommy needed a breather. Both needed to happen in a bad way. And voila - it was born. Yoga in the bathroom.

Now, obviously my child's safety comes first. First I set up his bath and got him situated with toys. My bathroom is small enough that even mid-downward dog I can reach for my kid. Okay, so it's not a deep, meditative experience because I am always present enough to keep my eye on bathing babe. But I still get some much needed stretches in. E laughs when I do my forward bend and pretend to kiss him. He looks at me like I'm crazy in my warrior pose.
Mostly I crave relaxation from slow breathing and back stretches. Lately my back has been so sore, noticeably aching once I lay down for the night. When I get up each morning I'm in pain. I'm sure it's from my healthy, steadily growing toddler who's reached a whopping 24 pounds. The yoga helps, especially when I can jump into a class alone. But I'll take yoga in the bathroom if I have to!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to comment? I'd love to hear from you! Share your thoughts here:

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!
Our little guy at 15 months, February 2011.