Friday, May 20, 2011

coffee and rain boots

His first morning chore: feed the cat. Look how he does it with such panache - him and "ank" (blankie).
It's one of those rare mornings where my eyes popped open before E's. Even though I should have rolled back over for some more shut eye, I opted for solitude with my coffee. Granted, my cat is trying to hump my arm even as I type this, but that's just status quo around here.

We've been swimming in a deluge of rain the last several days. I'm always grateful for it when my plants are thirsty, but it starts to get depressing after a while. Last night E was begging "at! at!" which means "out! out!". Now that he knows how to ask to go outside, it's a constant. No complaints, he's my little nature boy so it's to be expected. But I feel terrible when the rain just won't let up!

The good news? I just got him his first pair of rain boots. Now there's no stopping us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to comment? I'd love to hear from you! Share your thoughts here:

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!
Our little guy at 15 months, February 2011.