Monday, May 23, 2011

fettucine failure

Usually, when I put my mind to it, I'm a good cook. I've got lots of favorite cookbooks and AllRecipes.com so that's generally all I need to set me in the right direction.

But last night instead of making my "go-to" white sauce and adding parm to make fettuccine Alfredo, I thought I'd shake things up. Hold onto your hats, this is riveting... I found a couple of 4 star rated sauces online but I didn't have some of the ingredients. So, I kinda combined two of the recipes swapping out what was in my cupboard. Needless to say, things went south pretty quickly.

The Parmesan was clumped up in the middle of soupy milk, chunky cream cheese, and butter floating on the peripheral like the Horizon oil spill in my sauce pan. The fresh lemon juice and lemon basil from my yard were wasted on this pitiful attempt. For the first time in a LONG time, I actually threw out the batch and started from scratch. (And by this point my husband was hovering in the kitchen trying to pet my ego.) Flustered, attempt number two wasn't any better.

At least the bread was warm and the wine was cold.

Tonight will be a fresh start...but we are definitely NOT having pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to comment? I'd love to hear from you! Share your thoughts here:

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!
Our little guy at 15 months, February 2011.