Monday, May 30, 2011

smoothie lovin' and the paddle pool

It's been HOT! Little guy got his first paddle in Gram's baby pool this weekend, which was adorable.

There are a few more flowers blooming in my yard, so I wanted to share those, too.

Mountain Laurel

Yarrow - not native, but a magnet for pollinators. Plus has herbal uses.

Cute bee on the yarrow!

I had peonies in my wedding bouquet so I have a soft spot for these.

And finally, my little guy got his smoothie on this afternoon - he didn't leave a drop for me! (Well, there may have been if there weren't that spill into the dishwasher...) If you've never made your own smoothie, you've got to do it! So healthy and yummy and easy! I use:

-about 2 cups of organic yogurt (I like the non-fat vanilla yogurt but plain whole milk yogurt is great, too)
-one banana
-2 cups strawberries (frozen ones are great because then they are like ice cubes)
- 1/2 cup milk

Blend in a food processor and voila! I swap out different fruits and experiment with the texture to keep things interesting, but here's today's strawberry-banana smoothie recipe. (Blueberries, peaches, raspberries, mango, and pineapple are all yummy fruits to try.) At my fave smoothie bar they also use almonds, grapes, chocolate chips, and agave or honey for sweetener.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to comment? I'd love to hear from you! Share your thoughts here:

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!
Our little guy at 15 months, February 2011.