Monday, March 7, 2011

stop to look at the flowers

I'm feverish. Spring feverish that is. And even though it was only about 45 degrees today, the sunshine beckoned me outdoors.

I took E for another wagon ride when something wonderful dawned on me: springtime will feel completely new to him. Last spring he was just months old, and now he's over 16 months and much more aware of his surroundings.

I stopped the wagon to point out some early purple crocuses when I saw it -- that incredible look of wonder and awe on his face -- when I excitedly said "look at the flowers! Spring is almost here! The flowers are ready to come up!" He scrambled to get out of the wagon for a closer look (and touch).

And so it hit me. I get to share spring with someone who has never known it before. In all its glory: rain, tree buds, bird songs, butterflies, and silky colorful petals, I get to share it all with him. Hurry up, spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to comment? I'd love to hear from you! Share your thoughts here:

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!
Our little guy at 15 months, February 2011.