Monday, August 22, 2011

camp!


E has his first week of "camp" today! Alright, so it's more of a mommy & me class everyday, but it's at the Nature Center where I know we'll get to hike, meet animals, sing songs, etc. (Let's face it, I planned the camp in June.) Nevertheless it's wonderful to participate as a parent and not the teacher!

He enjoyed his first day. He loved staring up at the tall trees in the forest and romping through the tall grass in the meadow. We used a sweep net to catch insects and found loads of big grasshoppers and crickets. He even picked one up on his own! He oohed at some huge mushrooms and fungus growing on an old tree. He actually turned around three times to wave bye-bye to the fungus. Further down the trail we stopped to feel moss on some tree bark. All the parents melted when he kissed the tree (no prompting from me, mind you). That's my little nature boy!

It was a cool morning with a hint of fall in the air. As we walked back to the Nature Center, the wind was gently swishing in the tree tops. "Wishhhh wooshhhhh" I whispered in his ear. He whispered the same back.

After the class, we spent some time in the amazing Outdoor Classroom. We had so much fun climbing in this huge hollow log. It's so big that I can sit inside of it with him. It was a wonderful first day of camp!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to comment? I'd love to hear from you! Share your thoughts here:

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!
Our little guy at 15 months, February 2011.