Thursday, September 8, 2011

don't rain on my parade

I try to stay peppy despite the weather, but all this rain is brutal! I usually love to be in the garden during mild September temps and I feel like the time is slipping away from me. Let's see, an earthquake, hurricane, and flash flooding in two weeks...yep. That'll put a damper on things.

Add to the fact that E is miserable when he can't play outside and you've got, well, the perfect storm.


"At! At!"
"Okay, we'll go out. But first you need your boots!"
Seriously, you want me to wear these outside?

Boots? I think not, mama.
My toes like the rain just as well as my cheeks.

Luckily I have a stocked pantry for baking to keep me occupied. I've been testing recipes from my beloved cookbook, inherited from my Grandma. Last week I made homemade cinnamon rolls (they required two attempts to get it right). Today, it's my first attempt at croissants. And since everything tastes better with chocolate, I'll be putting my own spin on the recipe. As you can see, I have a little helper in the kitchen as I cook.


The water outside was fun. Now I'd like to play with the water inside.

Yes, I realize it's not super safe. But he's learning to balance and so far, so good!
I'm always right beside him just in case...

1 comment:

  1. It's been brutal in Australia too- floods, cyclones, crazy stuff. I'm living in a swamp. Totally identify with what you say!

    And it's great for little E to be balancing on that stool- cotton wool is bad for kids. I'm doing a uni assignment on it right now, and believe me, you need to let him climb.

    ReplyDelete

Care to comment? I'd love to hear from you! Share your thoughts here:

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!
Our little guy at 15 months, February 2011.