Wednesday, April 18, 2012

potty parade?


Oh, he's getting so big!

I've washed his first "big boy undies" and training pants in preparation...He's using the potty every day but not quite ready to make the switch. I'm amazed at how quickly he's taken to it. I guess it's been about a month now since I've been inviting him to go sit on the potty. Gradually he's been going more and more each day. I had no idea how exciting it would be when he did his first real poop in the potty last night. I am so proud! I didn't read any books on the topic (there's still time and we're in no hurry) but I think common sense prevails. We never force or rush him when he sits on the potty so there is zero pressure about him going - it's totally up to him whether he wants to try or not. And there's practically a tinker tape parade anytime he pees or poos because I show him how excited and proud I am! He's very pleased with himself, too. :)

I'll give you an update once we change over to big boy undies and we'll see if my theory still holds true. Oh, my baby is getting SO BIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to comment? I'd love to hear from you! Share your thoughts here:

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!
Our little guy at 15 months, February 2011.