Saturday, February 26, 2011

diaper optional?

Seems like we have better access this way, mom.
Today is off to a rocky start. My adorable, yet cranky, tot is irking my nerves! I feel guilty for even admitting that, but it's true!

Now that he has gained some independence, his personality is unfolding. Most of the time I am amazed by his genius, his tenderness, his focus, and his invention. But today I am amazed at his irritating acrobatics.

Add to the recent biting phenomena his strong-willed resistance to have a clean butt. I know it's a big world, baby! And you can't be held down by 'the man' (or in my case 'the woman'). But I REALLY don't like poo under my nails or on the bottom of your feet! There's no way that poo feels good in all your, um, creases, either.

Please, I beg you, PLEASE let me change you!

I've got lots of coping skills down. I belt out "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" like a cheesy dinner theatre singer. I shake rattles and tambourines with one hand while I try to maneuver around the poo with the other. I have even resorted to (gasp) giving him the telephone, remote control, or baby monitor to play with during changes. On many occasions, I call in the big guns: daddy. He provides comedic relief if nothing else.

Alas, the window of time he allows for changing is small and shrinking every day.

So today E won the battle, momentarily. "Freebird" as we often call him, got to fly commando for a few glorious, fleeting moments. Potty training? Sign me up.

1 comment:

  1. this cracks me up, my son is the same!! =) thnx for following me, followed ya back!

    ReplyDelete

Care to comment? I'd love to hear from you! Share your thoughts here:

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!
Our little guy at 15 months, February 2011.