Tuesday, February 22, 2011

the ultimate spring fever to-do list

I know I need to write another post, but things have been even keel around here lately so I haven't felt like there's much to comment on. We got another wallop of snow last night, which is exciting, but all in all, things are smooth and uneventful.

Last week's burst of mild weather fooled my little tulips into peeking up from the ground...I think the fresh snow may have insulted them.. I can't say I blame them, poor things. I was almost fooled into spring last week, too!

Sufficed to say now I've got spring fever and I'm already thinking about my grandiose garden plans once the weather hits fifty again.

The Ultimate Spring Fever To-Do List:
Remove the nasty English Ivy from under my hedge row
Re-establish a border for my front garden, use branches from our Beech tree
Incorporate a dirt-digging pile for E somewhere in the backyard
Build a sand box for E
Get plans for a cool fort/playhouse (if not this year then next)
Create a little table/chairs area for E to do outside art projects
Remove more English Ivy from the fence in the back yard
Rearrange and transplant perennials in the back garden
Pot several more herbs with E to use in our cooking (rosemary, tarragon, oregano)
Divide and share our Lemon Basil
Give strawberries and tomatoes another go and plant some more peppers
Relocate the crazy pumpkin sprouts to the back yard and up a trellis if possible
Convince my neighbor to take care of her horrible English Ivy situation creeping into my yard!

Little E, my nature boy, last May 2010. Remember those Bumbo days?

(Yes, I'll double-check this list in September to see what I can cross off the list.) What's on your ultimate to-do list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to comment? I'd love to hear from you! Share your thoughts here:

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!
Our little guy at 15 months, February 2011.