Monday, July 25, 2011

tweet boom bang: musical guest post on (cool)progeny today

I love the sounds of nature in every season. But summer is especially noisy with cicadas, frogs, woodpeckers, birds, and crickets going about their business. We love to listen to animals and try to spy where the sounds are coming from. That's a daily occurance in our yard. It's just something we naturally do.

But all this bustling sound is busy and full of energy, too. It makes me want to do something and make my own noise.

This, combined with recent research I've been doing, has me thinking about natural, musical spaces for children outdoors. My guest post is on (cool)progeny's blog today - it's full of ideas on how you can create your own space with household items and recyclables. If you've set up something fun in your backyard or at your school, I'd love to hear about it!

So now I've got one more item to add to my ever-growing to-do list. I will be sure to post photos when our musical outdoor space is complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to comment? I'd love to hear from you! Share your thoughts here:

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!
Our little guy at 15 months, February 2011.