Tuesday, January 4, 2011

kissable snot-nosed kid

He's as cute as a button, but today he is more accurately as cute as a jellyfish.

There are more squishy fluids on his kissable mug than ever before, given his first round with "the cold". I'm talking druel, snot, an ever-changing assortment of organic foods, and sometimes tears, smeared across his face and in those hard-to-reach crevices under his silky (slimy) chin.  He's congested and teething so the faucet-like nose and drippy mouth gushes on. Who knows for how long? I hope not all winter!

(Try to imagine sound effects here with his wet coughs, sneezes, and a raspy 14-month-old voice.)

Despite all the goo and slime, he's still as kissable as ever. I really can't resist the toothy grin or the "I'm not feeling well, mama!" pout. I'm covered in slime like Sooki Stackhouse on a bad day. But still, as kissable as ever.

Even MORE ooey-gooey sweet is the fact that he doesn't hesitate when it comes to kissing things. Here are a few things he's kissed today, snot and all:

-ME! Don't ask me to bake you anything today...
-our 11-year-old cat (he's a good sport)
-a crab puppet
-wooden puzzle piece of turtle
-blue stuffed elephant

Here is my child examining (and then kissing) a baby goat. AW!

-rocking horse
-super-long stuffed toy snake
-pictures in our books: a baby, cheetah, dinosaur, dolphin, tiger...you get the picture?



I'm glad to see he's in such a great mood even though he's not feeling his best. As I watch him innocently, freely share his kisses, I happily return each and every kiss.

That is...when I can find a dry spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to comment? I'd love to hear from you! Share your thoughts here:

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!
Our little guy at 15 months, February 2011.