Sunday, March 6, 2011

cinnamon curry stir fry

I was poking around in the fridge trying to use up some veggies for E's dinner when I whipped up this tasty meal. Here's what I used:

-steamed sweet potatoes, seasoned with cinnamon
-white rice
-peas in the pods
-mushrooms, sliced
-silken tofu
-curry, to taste
-cinnamon, to taste
-olive oil (just enough to coat the pan)

I couldn't believe how fast this came about and how delicious it was given the minimal effort. I made it again the next day when I had company over. The truth is I mistakenly bought "silken" tofu instead of my usual extra firm tofu for frying. But it turns out that the silken tofu acted a lot like an egg in fried rice when I mixed it in. Bonus: extra protein!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to comment? I'd love to hear from you! Share your thoughts here:

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!
Our little guy at 15 months, February 2011.