Tuesday, March 29, 2011

new tradition: Chocolate Babka!

Reminds me of a chocolate-filled croissant - I can't believe I made it!

Ooey-gooey chocolate and buttery bread - a match made in Heaven.
As you know from my last post, I'm on a mission to start new traditions. I wanted to find a delicious recipe that I could make and share at our family's Easter brunch - something off the beaten path. That got me thinking about our Eastern European heritage, so I began reading about all sorts of traditions hoping to try one on.

Fast forward to yesterday when I made my first chocolate babka, a yummy bread oozing with chocolate filling. I found the recipe on http://www.allrecipes.com/ which is an excellent site for finding any recipe under the sun. You can keep your own virtual recipe box, too! (Now, I would never trade my tattered, true blue cook books, but they can't possibly hold all the recipes that this online site does - no disrespect.) It took nearly 3 hours to make, but worth every minute. YUM!

1 comment:

Care to comment? I'd love to hear from you! Share your thoughts here:

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!

Yes, peas are delicious - and funny!
Our little guy at 15 months, February 2011.